Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Paper Piecing - Making Doll Arms from Doll Head

It was requested on my previous post...my Easter layout... that I show the cut lines on the doll head to turn the head into doll arms...here it is.
Using the blackout feature cut the doll head from the Cricut Everyday Paper Dolls cartridge at 5 1/4".  Using the ears as little hands  cut the doll head into two arms.  Picture should help with this.  See my completed paper pieced little girl in the next post down.
Rather than writing "cut head 5 1/4" in picture...I should have put head size is 5 1/4".  There is no measuring when cutting into arms...just eye it.  I do try to make them look chubby like they would be on a little one.

I Love paper piecing and plan to work on many more dolls and outfits.  I am super busy right now, but would like to do a start to finish video tutorial for you.  I will add it to my list of things to do. ;)

4 comments:

  1. thanks for sharing...what is paper piecing exactly..(.new to paper crafting).
    mexicopetshop@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, How did you come up with this? Too cool..
    A great aahaa moment! Thanks for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cathy...paper piecing is simply piecing together paper cuts to make something such as a doll or an animal. It's not one big cut, but separate cuts that make the whole. Hope this helps.

    Thanks for the comments!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!