Friday, April 30, 2010

Preserves Cards with Fruity Sentiments

I am still loving the Preserves Cricut cartridge.  Rather than searching for the perfect stamps with fruit sentiments I made my own on the computer.  I love doing it this way as you can pick the perfect font, size, color and saying to match your card.  More information and basic details below.


All cardstock is from Papertrey Ink, with the exception of the white.  Preserves is the only Cricut cartridge needed.  Extras...ribbon, ink, pens, border punch, embossing & Stickles.

To get the perfect A2 size card cut an 8.5 x 11 sheet of cardstock in half and fold for the base of your card.  Basic recipe for each card is as follows...

 Apple Card

Base - Ripe Avacado
Mat - Pure Poppy
Apple - Cut @ 2 1/2" from Spring Moss
Flower on apple - Ripe Avacado & Pure Poppy
Ribbon - Pure Poppy also from PTI

Cherries

Base - Spring Moss
Mat - Pure Poppy & True Black, White
Cherries - Cut @ 2" from Pure Poppy, Spring Moss, & New Leaf
Border Punch black cardstock with Fiskars Apron Lace Punch
Ribbon - New Leaf also from PTI

Plums

Base - Ripe Avacado
Mat - Chocolate, Scarlet Jewel, & White
Plums cut @ 2" & 2 1/4" from Scarlet Jewel, leaves on this card are from green cardstock from my stash.  Flowers are from Lemon Tart & Chocolate.
Fiskars scallop border punch
Lemon Tart ribbon is also PTI 

Peach

Card Base -  Scarlet Jewel
Mat - Spring Moss & Scarlett Jewel
Peach - Cut @ 3" from Summer Sunrise & Ripe Avacado
Flower on peach - Melon Berry
Ribbon - Melon Berry from PTI
Cinnamon Stickles 

20 comments:

  1. Cute! I do the same thing for sentiments if I don't have a stamp :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are all gorgeous, makes me want to crack out the preserves cartridge!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love this cartridge, thanks for all the wonderful idea's! I can't wait to make a lime!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Those are really great cards! I just love everything that you make!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love your cards! Do you print your sentiments off on cardstock or regular printer paper? I have a laser printer and have tried to run cardstock thru it with no luck.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks Everyone!

    Cammie...I print on a thinner cardstock. It's the cheap Georgia Pacific kind from Walmart. That's about as thick as I can print on.

    ReplyDelete
  7. you've just made want this cart more! my dh will thanking you, I'm sure! love all the card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love these!! I have this cart now but haven't used it yet. These are just perfect ideas for me!!! Thanks!!!!!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. TFS the "recipe" for these beautiful cards!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Love them! Thanks for sharing:)

    ReplyDelete
  11. My goodness Lisa you are awesome! These are adorable just one problem now I have to get this cart. Thank you so much for sharing all you do.

    ReplyDelete
  12. These cards are absolutely adorable. They go right along with your other adorable mini-books!! I so enjoy your wonderful ideas. I just wish I could order some of your files but I have a Mac computer and it works with Gypsy but not with DS.:( Still I look and really get inspired by your work. Thanks so much for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  13. These cards are Beautiful. I love the plum one! TFS!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Your cards a fantastic. I just got this cartridge. Thanks for all the wonderful ideas. Love it.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I just did not think I needed this cartridge - now I just do not know these are all so cute! TFS

    ReplyDelete
  16. LOVE the cards and LOVE the sentiments...very clever!!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. I need to stay off your site. You cost me money everytime I come look. I saw your cards and had to by the cartridge. they were just to good.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Your cards are gorgeous and I love the sentiments, too!

    ReplyDelete

Thank you for stopping by. Your support means a lot! Happy crafting and have a wonderful day!